1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

magnetic signs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MnM, Jan 7, 2008.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

i got these signs done for $40 a piece. It may have been a little high but it was right around the block from my house. What does everyone think about the price and finished product?

snow signs 001.JPG

snow signs 002.JPG

snow signs 004.JPG
  2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice signs
  5. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Looks good to me. Never seen such a skinny cross box. What brand is it?
  6. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i not trying to be a troll, but i hate magnets. that's all i used to use till i found that stickers are much better. you will always have water behind them and on your older trucks you'll have rust problems behind them. also if you leave them on too long they can stick to your truck, and i almost forgot they blow off and people steale them because they think it funny. as far as how they look on your truck? i think they look nice!
  7. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I tihnk what he ment was... "Im better than you!!" I love this site........
    As long as you take the signs off and let them dry out they are fine. If you leave them on and they stick , well then I guess you will have stickers and you can also be better than us. LOL:nod:
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think they look nice and the price was real good but I have to agree with Jay. Magnetic signs aren't very professional IMO.
  9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

hey now that's harsh.....i just stated the facts.at least i said "they look nice!".
  10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good MnM.......I like it alot!:waving:
  11. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

There is a guy on craiglist in Mass under auto parts or general that is making them for 60 a pair. He also makes big ones for the tailgate for 40. Just do a search for magnetic under those 2 categories.
  12. MnM

MnM Senior Member

well it is my personal truck so I will keep up on the maintenance and I didn't want to go crazy and letter the truck all up. I wanted to see if the price was reasonable, maybe a little high but convenient and close
  13. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

The signs look good and the price is comparable to what I paid for several setrs here in PA. After a while they got to more of a pain then they were worth so I got the truck lettered,. After using both, I prefer the lettering myself on a work vehicle.
  14. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Same size I have. A friend of mine just started a company called D&C Customs here in MN. They do all the stickers and magnetic logos. He can also do colored logos instead of just the white background. Cheap too. sorry if that was too much of a plug for him, I didnt give a link though soo...

I like being able to remove my logo and then use my truck as a normal vehicle. Dont have to worry about pissing someone off and now they have your company name and phone number in many cases
  15. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

Those do look nice - a lot better and more professional appearing than the magnetics I've seen. If the guy who did them is local, that's worth an increase in price even if the quality was the same: keeps the money local, and is best for your local economy. :D
  16. duane1982

duane1982 Member

these are the 18x24 magnets I purchased. Any colors you want at no extra cost. The 18" wide part was about an inch too wide(down the door) for my 1993 f series truck. Cost was around 80 for both. I know 12/24's are a lot cheaper.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008