1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnetic Signs

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCass31, Jan 17, 2007.

1. NCass31

NCass31 Member

I just got some cheaper ones made up over the Internet, they came out better than i thought they would.. anyone else done the same? anybody have the refelective ones; if so, how are they? worth the money? wasn't sure how much of a difference the signs would make in accounts, it hasn't snowed yet, but i've gotten a few calls, so its paid off. show em' if you got em..

PICT0252.JPG

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

hope you dont lose them both of mine blew off during the first snow storm of the year, i now have vinyl.

3. mow & snow

mow & snow Member

Those look nice. I don't have any for my truck but I am getting something for the trailer.

4. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

looks good dont drive to fast or youll loose them

5. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I went with vinyl

The magnets look good but they do blow off. Lost a set so I went with vinyl. Here's my vinyl lettering.

000_0003 (Small).jpg

000_0004 (Small).jpg

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

ewwwwww it has a ford on it, lol looks good, i have a few i dont really use em anymore i had a few fly off on the highway, lol

7. NCass31

NCass31 Member

haha...i knew someone would call me out on that... driving a dodge, with a ford on the sign.. oh well, no one that pays me to plow seems to mind, so i don't mind either...

8. THEGOLDPRO

haha your a traitor!!!!!!!!!

9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Gold,

I heard that after a few thousand miles, the people who drive behind you have to DODGE the parts that fall off your truck! :eek:

;-)

10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

not trying to bash the signs but i threw all the ones away that didn't blow off. now we have vinyl stickers on all of the doors. don't have to worry about all the moisture behind the magnets anymore. o also trickstrs will put them on upside down and put them on other trucks. ha ha

11. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Looks good.

I baught a set off the net a few years ago, and they worked great. Good job too. One note though, after about a year and half n the truck, I took them off to wash them and the truck, and noticed the paint was bulbbling under neath.

PS: I did lose one to the wind, but that was my fault, took it off when I washed the truck, and when I put it back on to the truck it held the shap it was in leaning against the wall, which created an air pocket. Soon as drive down the road... POOF.. off it came.

12. NCass31

NCass31 Member

tricksters..

because of the lack of snow i am working part time at Tractor Supply Co, (been there a while and still find new stuff everyday) , and everytime my friends come in i know that my signs will be upside down, or in the bed or truck box, or hood, or roof... i just laugh because i have a feeling that when the first plowable snow fall comes, a couple guys might be plowed in...:drinkup:

13. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I've had good luck with my magnetic signs. I have only lost one in 6 years,and it was becasue it was ripped and caught the wind. I only leave mine on as long as I am working. I usually don't bother running with them in the winter ,because you can't read them with the salt and road grime all over them. I have never been stopped in the winter for not being lettered. Now summer thats a different story! I have my signs made at a local shop he does the same graphics as our trailers, just sticks the vinyl to the magnetis sheet. Mine are cut to an oval shape so unless you are close they look like the real deal. I still have to use the same truck for work and play. So it is nice to be able to take them off. As long as the truck is clean and dry when you ,no problems!!!

14. THEGOLDPRO

may have to didge the parts but your still behind me, lol

15. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I had some made up, but one of them blew off my truck on the highway :eek: