1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnet -vs- Suction Cup and Magnet

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Joe Snow, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Anyone have a comment? Does the suction cup add that much more retention than just the magnet alone?
    Just doing more research and am wondering if the suction cup works well and is worth the extra $$.

Thanks in advance!!

:waving:

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

I think the suction cup an magnet are better. i had a single rotating beacon with just magnets and friends of mine have dual beacon with both and it seemed like it held down better also that it stayed in place better. jmo

3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Pro's and Cons with Both... I'd probably go with the suction cups (if they're the 2 very large ones) due to the fact that you have less of a possiblity to scratch the top of your rig if you don't use precautions with the magnets. They also have less vibration and hold the light down closer to your rig.

If your going to use magnets go with the 4 90 lb magnets. There is alot of things you can do to prevent the scratching. With the Magnets I've seen people driving like heck and slamming on their brakes and the light stays on.