1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnet discoloring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gardenkeeper88, Jan 29, 2008.

1. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

I had used magnetic signs for the 1st time and on my Burgandy truck it is getting discolored from the magnets. Its not faded it's more like gaswas spilled on the paint. Is there something that will take it off or who do i take it to to see what to do?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You suppose to take them off and wash behind them or that's what will happen.
  3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

A quality rubbing compound should do it.
  4. yancy

yancy Senior Member

you could try to buff it out or use fine cut or 3M Imperial rubbing compound on a rag. 3M is about the best out there any auto parts store should have it for around $20 post a picture of what it is doing
  5. gardenkeeper88

I always remove them when washing and even bring them in and wash tem in my bath tub.
  6. gardenkeeper88

I will try to get a pic this weekend We just had a great salt event and are suppose to get 6-12" of snow starting tomorrow + it only was 4 degree w/ windchills of -12 so I couldn't wash today.