1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnesium in tailgate spreader????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by quincy33, Feb 12, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Dose anyone use bagged landscapers choice(magnesium and urea) in their tailgate spreader, I'm using a fert. spreader right now but would consider a tailgate if it spreads evenly and holds at least 2 bags since my fert. spreader holds 2 22 kg (50 lbs.) bags.

2. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

Yeah,I have used landscapers choice in the past,and a tailgate spreader would do just fine,go with either a west,or snowex or buyers thoose seem to be the best spreaders or look into gettign a new push spreader argi -fab makes a nice oen holds around 120 lbs or earthway both around 150 bucks (american)

3. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

thanks for the reply, i've heard snowex are good, they have a new tailgate that actually holds one ton. it sits in the bed a little but you can't spread calcium or magnesium with a V.

4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Hey Quincy:waving:
    There are tailgate style spreaders made for quads too.

5. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

You'll have to pardon my ignorance but what is a "QUAD"?

6. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Quad=4
    All Terrain Vehicles have 4 wheels and are known as "Quads". Previous models had 3 wheels and were known as "Trikes". Tri=3.
    Get It?;)

7. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

8. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

9. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

o.k., i thiught thta was a 'Quad", we call them ATV's in canada.

10. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Same here. Hey, did you catch Conan O'brien's show about Quebec. The routine with Triumph in Quebec was hysterical!

11. chopperpilot

chopperpilot Junior Member

I see "Landscapers Choice" being used by a few people on this site. I wondering where to find it. I have tried to get in touch with the company but they don't seem to want to return any phone calls. Is it the same stuff made by "kissner" products?

I'm in central Indiana and have never seen it other than magazine ad's.

12. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Jelmwin, conan's piece on Quebec was the funniest skit i've seen in a long time, absolutely hilarious!!!!

13. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

chopperpilot, what i like about landscapers choice compared to calcium flake, is that it doesn't blow away, and it works pretty good in freezing rain(lasts longer). I suggest contacting Draglam Developments road salt distributor at 416-798-7050 in toronto. they may tell you the closest distributor or they may even deliver if quantity is large.

14. chopperpilot

chopperpilot Junior Member

Thanks, I'll give them a call.