1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Service???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jkiser96, Jan 25, 2008.

1. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I was contacted my Magic Service about doing some contract work through. I guess this is a middle man company that sets up contractors with individuals. If anyone has any info on these guys I would appreciate any insight.
  2. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

service magic

I believe its service magic.......Do a search for "service magic" and you'll get some info

SERVICE MAGIC, Not a good company. You pay them for leads every week. They lead you to believe that you are the only one getting the lead but, they give it out to at least 10 other contractors. All lowballers. They hit your credit card every week for the lead fees. You will get about 1% of the leads. Contractors have been leaving them in droves. That is why they are calling around for new contractors to sign up in all 50 states. They also go under many other names. They have bought out many of their competitors.
  4. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

First I don't use service magic but one of my friends used to use them a lot. At one point service magic was going to buy leads from me and resell them so I am familiar with how they work but again I don't use them.

Actually service magic has a variety of different lead generation programs/services.
    They cultivate the leads and pre qualify them. Depending on how "hot" you want the lead to be drives how much you pay for the lead.
    For instance if you are a licensed/insured roofer and you want some good leads you can pay approx. $100 per pre qualified lead. The same information is given to 2 other roofing contractors. If you know how to work leads (this is SUPER important) then you have a REALLY good shot of landing the customer. In most cases believe it or not the other roofers either will wait to call, won;t call but will email or will call and not follow up. This is after they have paid the $100+ for the lead.
    If you contact the lead immediately, set a quick appointment, are proefessional and know what you are doing and are a good closer they leads are very good.
    There are other leads which are not as good which are less expensive but they go out to more people and are not as qualified.

With all that said I think buying plowing leads is kind of ridiculous! Every town has the local town newspaper or places to advertise. On great place that is cheap is on the weather channel ticker. Think about it everyone is going there to see when it is going to snow!
    Cable advertising is dirt cheap and if you target it right you can reach a ton of people. I do a lot of cable and it KICKS ASS!
  5. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I was interested in this for my excavating & Concrete since I have my plow route alredy done. I thought this was a too good to be true deal but just wanted a little more info and where better than right here. Thanks a ton guys.
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Keep bumping this to the top. I bet you everyone is going to tell you to stay far far away from these guys. I got involved once. Wow, they are god awful. Whatever you do DONT GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE NUMBER.