1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by N&CLandscaping, Jan 13, 2009.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

I just switched over to using only Magic Salt. Hands down it is the best ice melt I have ever used. It saves me time, makes me more money, and keeps my clients very happy. Thank you to the Snow Guys!! anyone else ever use this stuff?

2. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Where you geting it an what you paying

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I just started using it on my own driveway to see how it works and so far.

4. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping Senior Member
    from Medford

I get it from John R. Elicone (The Snow Guys) in Waltham. I pay about $134.00 a ton, but WELL WORTH IT!

5. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

It actually loses me money by working so well that I cannot charge for another application .

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

do they sell bagged too?
    i ran out lol ooops!

7. Turbodiesel

yes and pricy but if you like that kind of treating , it's well worth it .

8. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

200 a yard around here, whats bult salt per ton?

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you getting it Turbo?

10. Turbodiesel

Not getting it , I used it last year . click the magic site here . somewhere in montco I believe.

http://www.magicsaltpa.com/

11. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I love it, I only use it at my house though because its $12/bag. No ones going to pay 2-3x that for me to use it. Wish I could use it everywhere though.

12. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

I use magic salt on my commercial accounts that have pavement. I usually have pavement showing before the village streets. Plus this morning it was 12 degrees. For people who want bare pavement what are you going to use? Rock salt only works above 15 degrees. The only problem I have is I just found out that what I have been using this year is not magic salt, its treated salt that has the same chemical make up I was told. It works good, but not as good as magic.