1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Seaplane Pilot, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Seaplane Pilot

Seaplane Pilot Junior Member

Anyone use this product called Magic Salt? http://www.magicsalt.info/

I tried it for the first time last Friday and could not believe the results. It's regular salt treated with some kind of byproduct from a vodka plant in Europe. It's expensive, but really works great.

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

definitly works good. i used magic salt last year. this year i am using blizzard wizzard which is the same thing. another product that works awsome is environmelt, i used that up until my supplier ran out, works great in tail gate spreaders also because it wont clump up

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've not only used it for six years, but I make my own. I believe I brought the first Magic Salt to the state of Maine from John Parker's BBQ in Poukeepsie, NY in 2002.

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm in Poughkeepsie,NY.John Parker just sold his interest in Magic to RPS Supply,run by a nice guy named Jason.Anyway---Magic is the cat's ass--will work down to -20*,you only need half the amount of salted sand.Cost is high though--app.$100 yd.--some of my clients ***** if I use it regularly so I have to justify it.Another like product is Geo--made from sugar beets.Never heard of the vodka story--I remember reading Magic came from some farmer's by-product in upstate NY.

5. Vodka/Rum and was discovered in Hungry. Yeah, john sold his bulk pile and spraying part of the biz.. I had a guy today who used it the other day during the ice storm and described it as "hot". lol

www.brennanlandscapinginc.com