1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Quality SR, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Is Magic salt a liquid that is applied to regular rock salt? Or does the Magic Salt come in rock form? How much does it cost?

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Magic salt is rock salt treated with Magic -0, a liquid. You can buy the liquid and treat your own salt or in some areas buy the salt already treated. Magic salt is also availible in bag form. Don't know the pricing in your area, but a search on their website should point you toward a dealer near you.

Bill

3. Quality SR

Thank you. I'll get the website and look into that.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. Quality SR

Thanks for the info Grandview. But it is asking me for a name and password. Do you use this?

6. grandview

I registered my name and some other questions nothing important I get the mag but I check out the site also..

7. grandview

8. Quality SR

The second link worked. Who that stuff is expensive. I wonder how much it is bagged. The problem is i want something good. The places i plow wants sand only. But it is a pain in the a*s. I want to use salt to protect the people walking and riving over it as well as my self. But i guess it all comes down to the money. I think last year if i can remember correctly sand was $65 a yard. Salt is probably 3 times the price plus the magic 0. They wont pay that.

9. grandview

Magic is really nothing but rock salt. I was at a landscape show and the local company was giving #25 bags away.I tried it on my driveway but couldn't really tell if it worked it was to late in the season. I think it was like 13.00 a bag.