1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GREENGOER1, Nov 22, 2006.

1. GREENGOER1

GREENGOER1 Junior Member
    from NY

Does It Work?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, it does.

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

It does work. I have seen it used by Bob Villa once.:rolleyes:

4. smitty3903

smitty3903 Junior Member

works great. That is all we use. that stuff is great.:D

5. hydroturf

hydroturf Junior Member

works great - but distribution within the company is a problem. if you use it plan on buying the liquid in bulk and treating your own piles so your not at the mercy of the distributors. keep in mind the distributors are also plowing companies too - and there is only 1 distibutor per each geographic region.

6. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Double post- not enough snow

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  7. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

It does work.... We are a distributor and distribution is not a problem here in Albany. Every company is different but supply might have run low or the demand for having piles sprayed could be keeping the company you are talking about busy. Buying the liquid and treating your own pile is much cheaper and if you have a tank to treat your own, might as well apply liquid as a anti icing treatment if you can. It works... also, not all distributors plow. We don't and I know of 3 or 4 more that don't of 40 distributors..but most do. Tim

8. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

lush&green,

You say you are located near Albany, I have a garden center in the newburgh area and sell bulk items and plow snow. I have had a number of request from local snow plowers for Magic Salt, what would be the best way to get this in larger loads? Do I get it from you or do I go somewhere else?
    I'm just starting to look in to this and I hope I'm not asking a dumb question, but hey, I have to start somewhere....

Thanks,
    Pennings Gardens

9. Pennings, you can get Magic right there in Poukeepsie, Taconic sold it last year to other companies, both the bulk and the spraying operation. You can go to www.magicsalt.info for the dealers name and info. Hope that helps, Tim