1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ctplower, Aug 26, 2005.

1. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

I know it's still summer, but we have to start thinking about winter!

Salt prices are going up again and sand is getting harder to get and even more expensive.

2. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Hey Bill, How ya doing? Seems like winter is right around the corner. We havn't done much in terms of plowing and salting the last few years but it looks like I have added some new properties that I will have to do snow on. Looks like salt will be about 70-80 a yard up here this year.

3. Adair 385

Adair 385 Junior Member

price of fuel isnt going to help either

4. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

You are absolutely right!

That is another reason to use Magic Salt versus sand/salt. You will use 1/2 the amount of product, get better results and make fewer trips to the job.

Your plowing will also be easier without the snow/ice bonding to the pavement, which will save fuel economy!

5. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Magic Salt BBQ

Hey Bill, are you coming up to our BBQ in October? its the 7 th & 8th.? Did you ever go to Taconics?

6. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

Hey lush&green,

Send me a private message with your name (you haven't told me your name) and phone # or e-mail address. I don't want to use plowsite as a chat room.

Thanks,

Bill

7. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Sorry Bill I can't send either email or PM. Brennanlush@msn.com Tim Brennan Magic Salt Albany, NY

8. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

Adair!! Where are you getting salt in Rochester and how much is it? I got a guy looking out there? Tim