1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rcpd34, Jan 17, 2004.

1. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I've seen this product mentiond in a few threads. I've been plowing and salting for 15 years and never heard of it! Can someone please explain what it is, what it does and why I would want it? Thanks!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Magic Salt is regular rock salt treated with a product called Magic -0 (Magic Minus zero) which renders the salt non-corrosive. It is safe for concrete, vegetation and animals (as in pet's feet) unlike regular rock salt. It works at lower temperatures than regular rock salt and has a very good residual effect. It can be purchased by 25 & 50# bags or bulk. I have had been very successful in marketing to a highly skeptical group of homeowners and small business owners. I mix my own Magic Salt and sell by the pound. Click on this link for more (and better) information:

http://www.magicsalt.com/