1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SharpBlades, Oct 22, 2012.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

Hey everyone. I am thinking of experimenting with magic salt this year (if I can ever get my local dealer to actually return a phone call). I am just wondering what people are paying per #50 bag this year?

Also, how well does it go thru a tailgate salter without a vibrator? I'm running a snowex 1075

thanks

2. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

so it must be that nobody uses bagged magic salt?

3. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

Trouble with finding bagged is not a lot of places carry it, closest place to me is hour and a half away. Great stuff but I only have 1 account that wants it so I buy 10 pallets in october load on a trailer and bring back to the shop. Payed 14$ a bag I think? last year, 12.50$ this year, over stocked and bought in september:drinkup:
    I run it through my speedcaster 2 just fine, no idea on a smaller unit with a different feed system.