1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt VS Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ducaticorse, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I picked up an uber important commercial account in the tech sector here in the city. The company subbing this site to me requires MAGIC SALT and will be delivering bulk loads to my yard for this site. I asked that they drop extra to me at whatever their cost is, and they agreed. Anyway, to get to my point, I am wondering about how much more effective this stuff is vs regular salt. I am looking to get n upper edge on local comp around here by pretreating and keeping my plows and shovels off site for as long as possible.

2. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

It's great. Simply put.
    more expensive then regular salt, but using 30% less is what starts to pay you back.
    The rest comes from the wicked long lasting residual effect that allows you to not have to pre salt because their's still residual amount left after the last storm.
    And last but not least, with built in salt neutralizer you don't have to worry about it eating your equipment, or your customer's grass.

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

It's all I use--great stuff and the side benefit is it smells great.

4. Jim74

Jim74 Member

Not to hijack Ryans thread but 1, what does uber mean and 2, is there an amount of forecasted snow that keeps you from pretreating meaning if they are talking 8 inches or so does it feel as if pretreating is a waste because youll be plowing more and maybe pushing whats left of the magic salt around

5. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Uber=Above average

And yes, I dont want to pre lay down a thick coat of magic salt for a 5 incher when I'm going to have to come back, push and salt it again anyway. Anyone can listen to a sales rep squwak, I want to hear about real world applications.