1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt Products

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SpeedyGreenInc, Aug 3, 2008.

1. SpeedyGreenInc

SpeedyGreenInc Junior Member

Anyone here use magic salt products? Are they worth the extra money vs regular salt? Anyone on here a distributor for magic products?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I am not an authorized distributor but I make and sell Magic Salt. Been using it for about seven years.It's worth depends on what you are using it and the expected level of service. You'll use about 1/3 the quantity of straight salt. It is very effective in treating asphalt or concrete surfaces, but is expensive. It is most effective when used as a pre-treatment.

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Last year I bought 3 50# bags of it and it works really nice. You notice it melting very quickly and snow doesnt stick as quick to it either as sand.

4. SpeedyGreenInc

How can you make and sell it if you are not an authorized dealer? Basically you use or make an knock off Magic Salt correct?

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i believe he purchases the liquid cemical form majic, and treats his own salt with it ?

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

looked like lots of work... id like to know, the cost of the chemical, fuel and man power to do...and that was only like 3 tons mixed in that video , if that

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  8. nicksplowing

I Dont Have A Video Of My Supplier Mixing There Salt I Found That One On The Tube My Supplier Uses A Cat Wheel Loader The Dsame Way Tho It Gets The Job Done:d

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's correct. And it is a "knock-off". I make it "stronger" than the original formulae and I sell in small quantities (basically markets no distributor would want, anyway). I mix up about 400# at a time of salt in a bucket loader with Magic -0 and store it in 30 and 50 gallon drums; then sell it by the pound to homeowners and small business owners. My "verbal agreement" with the manufacturer and NE reagional distributor go back several years, before the current distributor. I actually brought the first Magic -0 and Magic Salt into the state of Maine.

10. SpeedyGreenInc

Oic, so you make the same concept just not using the brand name. Is there any magic distributors on here?

11. Yes or visit their website. Thats all I can say. lol

12. SpeedyGreenInc

can you send private messages on this site?

13. nicksplowing

Nice website racerbren and great looking work:drinkup:

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice vid racerbren and nick...i went to a class about magic salt last year...i was very impress with it!:salute: