1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic Salt LIGHT!! Please Read!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by eng50, Nov 14, 2004.

1. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Anyone who has bagged Magic Salt, 50 pounders, please weigh it and post back what it weighs.

I just picked up 2 pallets, 96 bags, as some of them felt light, I weighed them, all of them. The heaviest bag was 44lbs (certified scale), the lightest was 21!! (sealed bags, shrink wrapped pallet) I believe they were stored outdoors and either melted or were packed wrong. I need to take this up with the owner tomorrow, the problem being that the place is 250 miles from me! So I need a comparison from other owners to know what is normal.

Thank you!

If this turns out to be normal, I won't be buying anymore, kinda raises the price per pound to no longer cost effective!
  2. sr_innovative

sr_innovative Junior Member
    from Toronto

Scott Robbins here.

Please send the 21 lb bag (or any of the remaining "light bags") to me, I'll pay for all shipping and handling, to :

Scott Robbins
    78 Orchard Road
    Ajax, ON L1S 6L1

Please note Eng50, our number is located quite visibly on the bag, but just in case, I can be reached at 1-800-387-5777.
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

SCOTT.............Where is the Magic packaged?

I got mine from John P. Some I got in Poughkeepsie, some in Rochester.
  4. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I will call you tomorrow, are you the producer of the Magic?

The dealer I used was Clear Path Products in Joppa, Md and I must say that the owner, Brian, responded immediately to my concerns and has made good on all of the shortage. We have not as yet determined the cause but are working on it. I highly recommend his dealership due to thier excellent customer service and professionalism. I will post more when we know more.

Until then I cant believe no one has a bag and a scale! Please post your weights!!

PS My post in no way is a reflection on the producers of Magic salt or Clearpath Products, I am only trying to learn more about a product that is new to me. Thank you!
  5. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Better call weights & measures, sounds like someone is going to get in trouble or fired!