1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic salt? Any good/worth the money

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jvm81, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Had a new dealer talk to me about this product. I have looked at there website and I want firsthand experience men who have used this product to tell me if it is worth it.

Currently running sanders where we mix sand / salt mixture and apply after the snow. I am not setup for there liquid treatments - which is what he was pushing. But to set up is not a problem for me but curious if this is worth pursueing.

Thanks for the input!

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, do a search in the ice mang forum. Couple threads about it over there.

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Alright people - the search doesn't tell me any more than there website. I am meeting with guy Monday morning to see firsthand. I would like some firsthand experience for those of you that have used, do used or will not use.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Alright 93 views -1 responce. - tell me I no nothing - at least I would feel better knowing someone responded. Also if you go with liquid - need to buy a set-up or can one make there own?

5. Crestview

Crestview Junior Member

I'm interested in it too, would like to treat salt with the magic. At 8 gallons per ton, I have to see if it's worth the price... anyone know cost per gallon? TIA.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Crestview, the dealer is down near Mechanicsburg. Call him for pricing.

The search does give you people that have used it including this one that I started last year:
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=100741

I like the stuff.