1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic on FOX 5 NYC??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chuck Smith, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

FOX Channel 5 in NYC just sprayed their front steps at the studio with "liquid magnesium chloride". They are going to show how it holds up in the snowfall tomorrow!!!

The spray looked brown to me. Just like Magic. They didn't say what it was though. The guy's name was Jay but I didn't get his last name. I hit the volume control and blocked his name!

2. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

CBS had a report on Phila using liquids for the first time this year. They showed a tanker truck set up with a dozen or so nozzels on a boom across the back. They also showed the liquid which was brown like magic. They called it a liquid salt brine on the news, who knows.

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

That was our sales guy Jay Kosack.I believe he had IceBan Ultra.The product is actually clear and has no odor.

They called us yesterday afternoon to go to the city and do a demo.

The results will be interesting,depending on how much snow they get.I believe he left them a bag of IceBan treated salt also.

We were on our local cable news 2 weeks ago doing a demo on how the products are applied as a pretreatment application.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Congrats Mike, and thanks for helping put liquids into the mainstream media. It will benefit us all.

5. Jay Kosack

Jay Kosack Junior Member

IceBan on FOX5NY

On Friday January 21, 2002 I was very fortunate to be invited by FOX5NY to do a demonstration of IceBan liquid deicer. The demonstration was done at 4 pm in the afternoon, 24 hours prior to the first snowfall in NYC this year. The product used was IceBan Ultra M, with undetectable BOD desgined for use in watershed market areas.

On Saturday January 22, 2002, FOX5NY about an hour after the snow fall began, the station did a video follow up. The follow up showed that in the untreated area snow had accumulated and in the treated area no accumulation had begun. The reporter agreed that the product worked as it was represented to work. The reporter also gave a clear representation that the intent of the product was to prevent the snow and ice bond and that it may melt the first two to three inches of snow.

If anyone would like to discuss this any further please feel free to contact me directly.
  6. nulawndog

nulawndog Junior Member

USA Today did a story on Bare Ground Solutions (Iceban). Parade Magazine and Boston Bussiness magazine there in. This is cool stuff. Joe Mahoney told me he will be in the Boston Globe, New York Times soon.