1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magic in Canada

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Winterworks, Nov 19, 2000.

1. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

Does anyone know of a Magic salt supplier near Barrie Ontario Canada? I saw it in 11lb bags at Canadian Tire for $5.00 a bag but I am sure I can find it cheaper than that. Thanks

2. pcs

pcs Senior Member

you can get a 50lb bag at canadian tire here in mississauga for 7.99

3. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Really, at Crappy Tire? Hmm. I never thought to look there.

4. Winterworks

Winterworks PlowSite.com Veteran

Really? $7.99??? I will check again,,,,the store in Barrie was selling it for 4.99 for 11lbs which I thought was a little steep..

5. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

You can call Innovative municipal in Ajax Canada as they are the bagging facility for Magic Salt and they could tell you where to find it in Canada
    John P

6. Dustin

Dustin Junior Member

you can get 40 kg bags of salt in hamilton for about 5 bucks a bag if u buy it by the skid. there are 40 bags per skid. the skids go for about 200 bucks.

7. cutntrim

We get our salt from Ontario Salt @ $2.85/bag for 20kg delivered. That price is good for 4 or more skids (56 to a skid).

I called Innovative Municipal in Ajax, and they referred me to SuperChem in Weston. I don't even know where Weston is exactly, but they gave a price of $5.90/bag (not including delivery). He's getting back to me on a shipping fee, but that's a pretty high price to pay. More than double that of rock salt. We're willing to try some out, but it'd better be pretty amazing stuff to justify the cost.

Which Canadian Tire in Mississauga has it? Maybe we'll drive out and just buy a few bags to see how it works?

8. pcs

pcs Senior Member

the canadian tire on Dundas and 403

9. cutntrim

That's not too far from here in North Burlington. We'll probably take the trip out there. Thanks.