1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MAF sensor p0102

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Feb 5, 2012.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

yesterday i put a new air intake in and later on my check engine light came on. I checked and it was p0102 maf sensor low voltage i started checking and i didn't see or hear any vaccum leaks. So i started checking the wires and the yellow wire had chaffed against the box that came with the intake. my question is it's really close to the electrical connector so is there a way to remove the wires from the connector, so i can cut out the chaffed part? or do i need to buy a new connector and re wire it? Im going to just try putting electrical tape over the exposed wire for now.

thanks in advance for any input.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You can probably buy a new pigtail at a GM dealer. Or find a shop with a pin tool and connector set.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest way for a long term permanent repair is to replace it as a pigtail as the Napper previously mentioned. Most pigtails are available in the aftermarket now as well as in the AC Delco line so their prices have come down some.
  4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

also remember some maf sensors do not like K&N filters because of the oil...if you need to clean it use only the proper maf cleaner
  5. plowin207

plowin207 Member

thanks for the advice i electrical taped were the wire was chaffed and spin the maf sensor so the wire wouldnt chaffe again and that solved the problem. until i can get to the autopart store and get and replace the pigtail