1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Madsider

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Madsider, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Madsider

Madsider Junior Member

Hi all, Ive got a stupid question...
    I am looking at picking up a 8 foot western in ok cond. The guy wants me to plow for him with it, and says it will hook right up to my 01 26500HD Duramax with a unimount. I had a unimount on my 98 2500 which had the light bar and pump mounted on the plow. This has no light bar...just a rebuilt pump on wires (not mounted). Am I stupid or does this sound like an old style (with the rack mounted to the truck)? The guy seeems to think a unimount truckside would work. He found one for me for sale for 350.00 He is asking 1800.00 for the plow and motor, and will pay me 50.00 per hour this season. Says he has 20 hours worth of plowing (gas stations and residentials) every 2 inch snow. He wants me to pick it up and take it in to a welder to "weld up some angle iron" and mount some lights to it. This seems a little hokey to me, but since Im just getting back into plowing, with no contacts or contracts of my own, am thinking about doing it.
    PS I talked to a buddy at a local Chevy dealer about any plows he may have...he of cource said YES! it is a 8 1/2 western Pro V plow and comes with a 06 2500 reg cab with new rubber and all the bells and whistles. wwjd?:dizzy:

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

20 hours of plowing with 2 inches per truck?.....

3. Madsider

Madsider Junior Member

2 inch trigger...20 hours total (I think that was assuming more snow while plowing and bebacks)

4. Madsider

Madsider Junior Member

Thinking about that truck...asking 17K as equiped with 68K miles and new bfg's also the 6.0 gas motor.