1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Madfe my own wings

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by superdog1, Dec 15, 2014.

1. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

2. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Very nice. Look good and keeps everything scooped well. How long did it take you?
  3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I did something like that back in 2005, they worked good and the plow that they are on is rotting around them. You did a really nice job and I never had any problems with them so you should be in great shape. Some of the best plows ive owned where plows that got the welder and plasma cutter treatment.
  4. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

A lot longer than I thought it would, Lol. Between the cutting, bending and fitting I had about 6 hours in it. The hardest part was getting the curve right on those thick pieces. The wings are a 1/4" thick and we didn't have a roller heavy enough to make a perfect radius on them, so I had to make a set of lines on them every inch or so and bend them in a press.

It worked and we got them on. Next time I will use maybe 1/8" or 3/16" plate. It will be more than heavy enough.;)
  5. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments. I paint every plow, mounts and spreaders I own every year. It helps that we have a metal/machine shop too. I keep up on all the cracks, rust holes and any other issue I find.:D
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good! I might have to get creative with my straight blade.

Also I'd flip the pin over that holds them in, that away if the clip falls out the pin isn't 100% guaranteed to fall out instantly.
  7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

nice, wonder if i can cut 2 pieces of another blade and make them too?
  8. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

They don't fit in from the top down, or I would! :D
  9. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I wouldn't see why not? You would just have to strengthen the edges.
  10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

O yes I know guys did that. They even cut a 8ft plow in half and put 4ft on each side of the truck plows to make there 8ft plow into 16ft plows
    It was a sight to see them in a 20 acre parking lot with 16ft plow on a truck.
    This was back in late 90s Ran western plows but they used meyer pumps.
    They said Meyers pumps would lift the plow better.