1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Made the ProWing better...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I had road debris building up between the rubber and the wing, this seemed to be stressing the rubber, so I had a buddy weld the channel over the rubber. I think this will work out great.

ProWingFix1.jpg

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

good idea......better than the extra bolts i installed

3. Grn Mtn

thanks jay, in the top left picture you can just make out the lights I added to light up the wings, it drove me nuts last winter not having light out at the edges of the plow.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That is a great idea!:nod:

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

now how do you like the wings? i have thought about getting them but i dunno, whats your review on them, are they worth it, and how long do they last??

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Nice idea. Did you install the pro wings yourself or did the dealer? I've been thinkin about gettin some. Also could you get a pic or 2 of the lights that you added?

Will

7. Grn Mtn

I love the wings, they are the best bang for the buck, period. Come-on, there are lots of improvements we can make, but not for $200 and get at least a 20% improvement in effeceincy.

wing_lights_montage.jpg

8. Grn Mtn

the pic post above has the lights in it, they are the tractor type, about $10 each, I bought a case of halogen bulbs to replace the tungstons that came with them, so that puts the price up to about $17 each. they wire up with just a power wire, the ground is the mount. But on the plow they were not grounding so I had to add a ground wire from the mount and run it down to the ground screw for the plows hydraulic pump. The power wire goes back to the solinoids I put under the rear seat, those are connected to 2 toggles I put in the dash to opperate my federal signal highlighter on the roof and the salting light and the reverse lights.

I installed the wings myself, take your time and it is easy, just the instructions are vague at best.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

thnaks man i appreciate it, looks like ill pick some up.