1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Made some piles with my John Deere 2210 today...

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Feb 24, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I was pretty surprised at how high I was able to get these piles with "just" a 23 hp tractor. Surprised enough I felt the need to take some cell phone pictures and post them. Just look in comparison with the first floot of the building next to it. I always hear people knocking the small tractors saying they're useless, so this ones for you guys:waving:

snowpile2.jpg

snowpile1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. merrimacmill

from MA

And I thought everyone would also get a kick out of this...:rolleyes:

tractorliftingtractor.jpeg

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

HaHaHAHA!!! LOL :D The power of John Deere! :drinkup:

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Haha is there anything a JD cant do??

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Sure there is, it can't lift a Kubota!:D

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

dont tell me your going to trade in the JD on a japanese made Kubota :rolleyes: my last experience with a kubota involved a fire and smoke i will leave it at that

7. merrimacmill

from MA

Well now the JD's are chinese made since the yanmar contract ran out. But don't worry I won't trade it in.

8. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

ya the motor the chassis are still made in Minniapolis moline

9. merrimacmill

from MA

Really, thats interesting. So they make some parts here, ship them over there and then ship the whole thing back here? I'm not trying to sound jerky about it, I'm just wondering the real story of whats happening with that.

The biggest reason I had my Kubota comment is because our local JD dealer is AWFUL. I like the tractor I have, but I regret buying it only because of that dealer. When I buy my next tractor, it will be a Kubota because the dealer around here is A LOT better and more reasonably priced.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks good!

Got a the Deere

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

What, are you bringing it to the dumpster over there? lol

12. merrimacmill

from MA

LOL, well the JD dealer isn't THAT bad. ;)

13. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Kinda wierd that it's cheaper to send it over seas and have stuff made than making it here, cheap labor I quess.ussmileyflag

14. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

The Japs are smart! They eat with chop-sticks, & that takes skill:D

15. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

lol i have a good response to that but it probably wouldnt last too long lol.

16. duramax03049

duramax03049 Junior Member

hey merrimac mill, from the fuzzy picture it looks like your deere came from rosencrantz in nh is that true. if so what'd they do wrong for ya

17. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

So I'm still looking for the perfect snow removal set-up. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the 2210, cab, loader?

18. merrimacmill

from MA

All together, brand new I paid around $17,000. Give or take a little. Thats with the tractor, loader, extra large 61" bucket, front blade, ballast box, heater, console unit with radio and switches, all the work lights, and beacon all including installation.

Duramax, ya it did come from rosencrantz. I'm not going to get into to much detail here, but overall they just have an attitude of not caring about anything. I mean I go in there to buy a deere gator, and tell them I want the gator cx. The guy tells me no I don't want that, I want this bigger 10,000 dollar one. So he wouldn't even talk about the cx. And he only gave me info on the bigger gators. When I bought the tractor, communication was horrible. I was told they would finish prep on the tractor one day, a week or so later, and many phone calls later, they were just uncrating it... When I call for parts that aren't right there or extremely easy to find, they just hang up on me. I called for new tires for the 2210, they couldn't fuiger out what size they should be since I wanted to convert to R4's, so they just hung up on me. Its rediclous. And thats not all, I've had countless experiences with them. I'll never buy over there. Thats why from now on I'll be going orange, even though I would prefer to be green. MB really has their act together. If you want more info or want to talk more about the problems I've had with these people, send me a private message.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  19. merrimacmill

from MA

Made some more piles...

Had to make some more room in our parking lot. Heres some pictures. I can't wait to see what I can do when I get a larger tractor sometime..

The last picture doesn't put it into perspective, that wall is 12 feet high.

IMG_1128.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  20. merrimacmill

from MA

some more....

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg