1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Made Jeep Wrangler Headlight Adapter

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bayshoreinc, Dec 12, 2011.

1. bayshoreinc

bayshoreinc Junior Member

I made a headlight adapter for my Jeep Wranger TJ. I didn't want to splice into my headlight wires using the SnowDogg 16071050 Universal Splice Adapter. So here's what I did.

Purchased 2 Headlight Male to Female Pigtail Socket Receptacle Adapters 6" Long with 12 Gauge Wire Leads from http://autolumination.com/connectors.htm as shown below.

Then spliced in the 16071050 Universal Splice Adapter from SnowDogg per the instructions. I did not connect the blinkers or parking lights at this time. So those wires are taped off and not connected. So now I just plug this adapter in between the headlight and the vehicle headlight connector. Then connect the plow lights to the plow wiring harness.

As shown below, grey connector to headlight. Black connector to vehicles headlight connector.

View of entire adapter.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011