1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Made a tool for the cross over relief Screws

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TJS, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I had a hard time taking out my cross over relief valves where I had to heat up the manifold to get them out. This was on an Insta-Act pump. Before I added any heat the whole manifold block was completely stripped of all its components. I also cut a screw driver and welded it to a 3/8 drive adapter. If I had made this before hand I might not have to add heat. Who knows. Just throwing this idea out there.
    T.J.
    [​IMG]

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

If I have to use something like that I use my impact driver bits.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Exactly Brad. Not to mention, they do sell screwdrivers heads for ratchets....just like torq. bits and Allen heads. I keep a big rail of them for Brake services.

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Very True. I understand they are available. However, it would have taken me longer to try and find one on a Sunday afternoon than to make one. It took me longer to unwind the ground cable, tig torch and foot pedal than to make this tool.
    T.J.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ahh, I kinda figured that was the case.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The impact driver is nice at times. Id pick one up for next time It is great in screws Nothing like being able to shock it and turn at the same time.

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

works if you can't get the tool when you need it.

8. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

It is true that the impact driver is hands down invaluble in my shop, but so are tons of homemade tools that I have made over the years. I have even modified specialty tools to get them to work just a bit better. I'm pretty lucky to have the extensive tool collection that I do, but I also remember how to improvise when the situation calls for it. Keep up the creative solutions!