1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mack on CL

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mcwlandscaping, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Found this on craigslist last night...the pic is now my desktop background. I wish I had the cash laying around to buy that thing.

I attached the two pics from the ad in case it sells and the link goes dead.

Gorgeous Mack.jpg

Gorgeous Mack 2.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig. Kinda spendy for an 84 imo. Not sure why but something about that truck makes me think it was originally a road tractor converted to a dump. Maybe its the 9' box. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks like a tough little bugger. Our RB was one of the best trucks we ever owned.
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

thats a real nice truck they dont build them like that any more
  5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like one of the trucks I run all prettied up....

6. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

That thing is in mint shape. Someone will be a happy owner.
  7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

that truck will last 27 more yrs
  8. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

They dont make them like that any more. 300 will pull that little body all day long and not think anything of it. I drive an 86 dm mixer with a 300 that goes great.
  9. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My first job driving a triaxle was an 86 RD with a 300 6speed air shift.That 300 is a great engine,Ive driven six wheelers with a 300 and it moves them right along.
  10. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

That is so sweet!
  11. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

WOW.That truck is clean...its a prefect size wheel base to put a nice plow on it.
  12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Those 2 are nice too. i like the first one that was posted but just seams to be a waste more truck than body a nice 10-12' dump would be nice it would need a longer WB .
  13. procut

procut Senior Member

For sure. Definatly looks like it started out as a tractor. It's cool, but I don't know if its worth 17k.
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

To bad it wasn't an 87 as that's when they switched to a galvanized cab. We had a 1980 and that thing had a lot of cancer in it. Here's our old girl.

15. Oshkosh

We have the same issues with the ones I work around, a never ending process keeping up with the rust/rot .
    Even the newer one the bottoms of the doors suck!!!!

16. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

You work at MF Roberts? We buy/service all our tree stuff from their chainsaw shop. How many trucks do they have on the state?
  17. Oshkosh

Maybe 8 pieces at this point
    Next season will be interesting to see with the state cutting regular plows..
    I think the two wheelers will go to the city but I don't know, just guessing.
    They were one of the first contractors used in privatization back in the 60's I think it was.Manchester was one of the first state yards to privatize.