1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Machine for Walkways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ritchiegilbyemt, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ritchiegilbyemt

ritchiegilbyemt Junior Member

Hey All
    Been watching the forum for a couple of years but got a question to throw out there
    I have been plowing for twenty years but takin on some new challenges in the last three years

I have several sites within a 4-5 km range of each other that have varying amounts of walkways, eg Paved garden paths that are part of fire escape route, (some of these are catwalks suspended above a lower level) or walkways that border aginst the parking lot and building, or just tight canopied drop off areas that are too tight to get a truck into.

I have tried skidsteers, (too heavy, and too slow to go from site to site) but do a good job
    Honda Fourtrax with plow and soft cab (does a good job but obviously everyone wants a warm cab and a radio, and technically cant run them up and down the road) though the local RCMP have not bothered me YET

Any suggestions/ ideas
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

A UTV that is street legal,
    a sidewalk crew
  3. Highpoint com.

Highpoint com. Junior Member
    from Iowa

I run all my commercial sidewalks with a 99 wrangler with a 6.6 western and a hitch cargo carrier for 2 snowblowers. The 4.0 is a freakin tractor engine and with the right amount of ballast it can't be beat.
  4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

walker mower with broom and snow blower on the front, salt dogg elec. vbox mounted where the hopper used to be. Put it in an enclosed truck.
  5. bartolini

bartolini Member

Rent or demo a Bobcat MT-55 or MT-52 mini track loader. It is the best unit we have all around. Snow, landscaping, fencing, sprinklers, etc. We are looking into a second one. Best kept secret by 25 year veteran.
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

To heck with that, get a Ditch Witch or a Vermeer! :)

Only thing I've really actually hated about the bobcat is the limited attachments. The plate is different from everyone else. I like being able to go to just about any rental house and get an attachment if I need it for my Vermeer.

7. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Let's see some pics of that setup. I'm a big walker fan.
  8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Or a Hustler 3700, you can get a blower, blade or sweeper. 36hp diesel, 4wd.
    A local dealer had one about a month ago, didn't ask how much I really didn't need/want to know.