1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

machinability v blades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SHAWZER, Feb 29, 2012.

1. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

does anyone use these blades? looking for a good used 12 footer:drinkup::drinkup:

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great blades, I have a 14ft sitting here that I'll sell for 4k. It comes with a joystick, mount for a 7000 series Deere. I can send you pics if your interested. The 14 ft is hardly any heavier then a 12.

3. SHAWZER

might be interested in a 16 footer also ,for a 3yd loader

4. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

I'm a little confused (as usual). Why would you put a blade on a loader (unless you plow everything to the side)? Why not keep the bucket on it and just add an "extender"? Then you can just drop the extender and use the bucket when you want to stack or load.

Like the 1988 John Deere 644E in our album - I don't know how to insert it here.

5. SHAWZER

v blade in scoop position can carry more snow than a bucket ,pile just as high and save time-dont have to dump,and have the option to windrow the snow

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He said extender, we call them pushers.

7. SHAWZER

Jd dave

do you know about any 16 foot vblades for sale? do you still use machinability vblades?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I mentioned I had a 14. Used V's don't come up very often. That is the only one we have, we run all Horst Blades with global quick tach so I want to have everything the same that's why I'm selling it. Machinability is the same if not better quality then the Horst.

9. SHAWZER

i am interested in your 14 foot vblade do i just need 1 hyd. line in and out?

10. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

JD mount

Too bad it won't fit other coloured tractors... I'd buy it at that price.....Thumbs UpThumbs Up

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes One hose to an electric over hydraulic valve bank that the joystick controls.

The harness could be changed to any brand tractor in less then a day with a good welder.

12. SHAWZER

when is a good time to come look at the vblade? about 1@1 half hour away

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm around most of the time so when ever here's my number four one six 576 SNOW

14. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

The bucket extenders I was trying to describe are "cages" that hook onto welded-on hooks on the top of the existing loader bucket and extend out the front and sides as much as you want. They don't change size or configuration but you can pick them up and drop them off any time you want. Gravity keeps them on when you're traveling. You leave the bucket on all the time so you don't need a quick-connect system to move back and forth from bucket to blade to ....; no hydraulics involved. They cost us between $3,000-4,000 for our JD644Es, Case621B, etc.

DSCF2152.jpg

15. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We have had three in our fleet on tractors and they are a bulletproff, overbuilt and over-engineered attachment. We still have one of them that gets abused every storm.

Daves deal is smoking! Ours were well over $18,000.00 a piece! :drinkup:

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The V blade is now sold, thanks for posting this thread, sorry it wasn't you that bought the blade. A guy from Kitchener called me this morning and bought it over the phone.

17. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Did TripleL buy it?

18. SHAWZER

Jd dave

if he does not buy the vblade call me 519 538 5285

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry I missed your call Gary. I really don't know what the blades are like that Jeff Stewart has. You can generally tell how rough thev've been used by the centre pivot, if there's no extra welding done the blade has been treated pretty good. Personally I'd go with a wing plow but there's nothing wrong with a V.

20. SHAWZER

:sleeping:stewarts have a 16 and 14 on consignment ,salesman says he cannot reach the owners,no hurray to sell i guess