1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Donalds

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mysticlandscape, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Looking at two different resturants just wanted to get some feed back if anyones every dealt with them. Talked to the lady she was very nice. Gutta get a my bid in soon just wanted to see if they are good pays an if they pay on time... Comments welcome.

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

mystic just curious are the mcdonalds near you looking for salt?

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would put in your bid every time you plow in the morning you get a complementary bacon egg and cheese McGriddle:jester:

4. ColliganLands

haha free mc donalds - i go for those new southern chicken biscuts lol yum yum

5. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

I would say the restaurant is a franchise, you would probably need to talk to another contractor that works for them.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

the company i sub for plows them and has no problems with them that i know of.

im sure they will have a zero tolerance policy and yes salt..

7. ColliganLands

sob the salt thing is killing me
    i guess drives only this year
    How are those mexcians doing?

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i plow macdonalds-4 of them
    they pay very quick- about 2 weeks
    free whatever you want when you plow/24hrs a day
    the salt thing is kinda like the rest of my customers they dont really want to pay for salt but they expect thier lot clear and wet i wouldnt say there zero tolerance but there close to it
    macdonalds runs a very tight ship and they expect the same for plowing

this is one of my favorite accounts

PS if your hungry and a macdonalds has snow in the drive thru they will give anyone lunch to plow it

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

subway too :)

to the OP, I think it will vary from store to store, because they all have different owners, being franchised. I doubt the check comes from the McD corp. It comes from the individual store(s).

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

The one's around here don't want salt. They are also not keen on sidewalk service. Just took a call from a nice lady who wanted several serviced, but does not want salt.

Politely declined.

11. SNOWANDICEMAN

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

You mean the one on 114, if you are I know Mass Highway plows 114. And you might have to keep going back to Mac Donalds to keep the driveway entrance's open at all times is :the drive thru open 24 hours. You might be there longer than you think.:dizzy:
    snowandiceman

12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

the ones i do are owned by macdonalds corp :nod:not franchises i know macdonalds had a big push to buy back some of its franchise some years ago i dont know which one or how many

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  13. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

Ya I took that into consideration but im in the area alot so It shouldnt be an issue. Hows things going for you?

14. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Isnt it: McDonalds? aka Ronny D's Steakhouse??

15. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I did 5 of them for a couple that owned them here. They were a pain imo, since they never close hereyou constantly have traffic. Most of the McDonalds are independently owned.

16. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

The Mc Donald in our little town is privatly owned. They sucked as far as paying on time. I usually have to quit plowing them by January in order to get paid for Nov or Dec work. The business closed about 2 years ago and I'm hoping that someone with GOOD BILL PAYING ABILITIES picks it up. I gave it up to a buddy of mine and finally he quit plowing them. Finally the manager caught me at the gas pumps one day and begged for me to plow the lot. I told her $50.00 out of the till before I start plowing and we could work something out. She agreed. I only did that a couple times though. All in all, I would say it depends completely on the owner of the franchise.

17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Put a new account on Deposit-Only status for the first year. Thats what I do with people who dont pay. If they prove themselves during the deposit-only status, let them go to invoices with 7 day terms. Than go to 14 and 30.......

18. rofoth6

rofoth6 Member
    from iowa

I did Burger King once ( six stores ) each store was different lay out.
    When i started they knew I was a one man operation,1 truck no sander.
    No problems for three storms, then all of a sudden they want more trucks and sanders. I couldn't provide that so they let me keep one store at full charge and all the food i wanted. They always paid within 2 weeks.