1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ma Laws

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mpgall26, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

MA operators with 2500HD, would you look in new guys posts under Ma Laws and offer some of your insight. Thanks

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

If you posted it in another forum it might help if you provided a link. I just looked around and this is the only one I see.

So whats your question?

3. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I posted there . Again you have the weights all wrong . #9200 is the max your truck can weigh when loaded .
    You cant exceed #9200 period . The truck itself will weigh between# 5-6K

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

What he said. :waving:

5. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

Thanks, went to a scrap metal yard today and it's 6100 with me,some tools, and my filth inside. Thanks guys, I dont think with plow and snowblower I'll come near 10K so I can start this year without my frigin extinguisher and gay triangles.

6. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

Just my 2 cents on the last post....fire extinguishers are cheep to have and priceless when you need them. I keep one in my truck at all times as you never know what/when you might need one and it sure can pay for itself many times over if it can help keep a small fire from consumeing the entire vehicle.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

In ma u dont need those unless ur gvw is over 10k. U never even had to think of it being at 9200 period.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I've had truck fires before. And I've seen plowtrucks burn to the ground. Heat, no airflow to cool it, more heat, spring a leak of hot tranny fluid and boom, up she goes. Tranny fluid is actually pretty flammable when it gets hot enough and then spills on a hot exhaust manifold. And you have the potential for electrical fires when you're running all kinds of auxiliary electrical stuff. I don't go out without a big commercial type fire extinguisher. I used it once to put out a brush fire that some kids started. FD refilled it for me for free.
    Triangles are kind of gay, but imagine how happy your insurance company would be if you had a drunk driver run over your triangles before hitting your truck. Which is broke down with no lights in the dark after an electrical fire that you extinguished.
    So, I have to agree, you should have them because you're smart, not because the law tells you you have to.