1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MA, CT, RI Southern New England 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Weather' started by plowmaster07, Jul 27, 2010.

1. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

With 135 pages in last years thread, we need to start fresh with a new one I believe. How's everybody's summer going? Getting those snow contracts signed yet??

What are your thoughts on this winter approaching?

2. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

If I sent conctracts out now they would just get lost in the shuffle. No ones thinking snow around here until october.

3. plowmaster07

Yeah good point. Don't want to do it to early. I was talking to a company that I have a landscape contract with, and they want numbers for doing their snow removal. The sooner the better he said. sweet. lol

4. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

mines going well i got me a new lightbar and im trying to figure out who im going to work for in the winter....its a toss up between two plow site members.

5. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Winter just has me thinking about the ball joints I have to replace on my 05 f350 dump truck which only has 38k miles on it.

6. fisher guy

tell me about it new balljoints are going in mine after i get back from maine along with a whole new front end ball joints, wheel bearing, rebuld the hubs and the tranfer case....this aint gonna be fun

7. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I need a new oil pan in my dump, and new winter tires & a few minor odds and ends

8. plowmaster07

Ahh. What are the pro's and con's?

9. plowmaster07

Yikes! Do they have grease fittings on them? Yeah, come to think of it... I need to rebuild the plow pump, give it a quick coat of paint, pick up a set of tire chains, that's about what I need to do. Not including what I want to do though. lol

10. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I'm hoping I'm gonna get another season out of my spreader too

11. plowmaster07

How old's the spreader?

12. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Only has 5 seasons on it but its mild steel and I run a lot of straight salt through it. It almost needs to be painted twice a year no matter how much I wash it. Ill probably go throught the whole thing this Fall.

13. plowmaster07

Got ya. Next one going to be stainless?

14. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Who knows. I like the idea of going to an electric poly unit but don't know too much about them. Everythings so expensive these days.

15. plowmaster07

I haven't done too much looking around in the spreader market. But I've heard that the electric ones work good, if you have enough battery power reserve/ a strong alternator.

16. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

i dont know about everyone else but summer is flying by..... starting to think about snow.

17. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Crazy rain in march and bone dry summer....Wonder what mother nature has up her sleeve this winter

18. plowmaster07

Yeah it does make ya wonder sometimes... Lawns and everything are slowing way down. (Thank you customers that have irrigation! Your lawn & landscaper appreciate it very much! lol)

It almost makes ya think we may have a heavy winter... but I dunno. Time will tell. I'm looking forward to when accuweather.com announces their winter storm predictions, same with The farmers almanac.

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Starting with snow contracts now, I'm really looking forward to this winter. We have added a good amount of equipment and I'm going after a bit more of a diverse portfolio this year. So far, I've retained everything from last year as well.

Anyone have any insight to how our winter will be?

20. fisher guy

i heard we'll get hammered since its been a such hot dry winter but we shall see