1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MA, CT, RI Southern New England 09-2010

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 02powerstroke, Oct 10, 2009.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Last years had 45 pages so Figured it was time to make a new one for this year !ussmileyflag

2. 02powerstroke

Cant wait to look out my window and see this

[​IMG]

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

im ready and i think its gonna come early..

4. 02powerstroke

and......[​IMG]

5. 02powerstroke

Me to. Hows it been man its been a while?

6. ColliganLands

been good just been real busy with the landscraping end of things and didnt think to check on here too often untill it started getting cold again.. ive been gearing up for fall and im gonna get the plow ready next weekend. you going back on with your town again this winter? and how have you been?

7. 02powerstroke

thats good better to be busy than slow. I've been good, I did a couple tows to franklin this summer dident see ya thow lol. Yeah I'm going back on for the town or maybe my town will see whos paying the most.

8. ColliganLands

haha didnt see you either lol.. im already signed back up with wrentham for this winter same pay as last year which i was happy with.. now im just hoping for the same route

9. 02powerstroke

Yeah I'm upgrading to a 9ft plow this year because they give the wider roads to the guys with the 9fter's I got stuck with alot of crappy roads last year.....

10. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Hey Guys! I'll jump in on this thread too.

I just finished replacing the hoses on my Fisher, and decided to replace the reservoir while I was at it, since it was looking kinda crusty. Check over is done, and I'm ready for snow!

Got a call from my DPW superintendent the other day asking if I was still on the program this season, and that they're sending out the contracts now. Should be all set soon. I hope to get the same route as last year, too. I thought it was a good one, but I don't really care. All the town guys seem OK, so I doubt I'd mind working with any of them.

I'm hoping this year to also sub for someone in addition to the town deal. Once the roads are set, I kinda hate being "done" when there are lots of guys still cleaning lots and driveways. A little extra cash wouldn't hurt either, payup.

Hope we all have a good season with no accidents, mechanical failures, or other BS.

Ken

11. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Jumping on this new years thread. Left plowing for Lynn, and doing the Hospitial in Peabody with my new boss. Sweet deal. Plow from snow starts to snows end

C-

12. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

lucky bastards CT ya gotta have a minimum 19.5 GVW truck

13. 02powerstroke

Even for towns?

14. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Can't wait for the new season to start, getting another new rig this year too....

15. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Are you replacing the Dodge, or adding another rig? Don't leave us in suspense!! What are you getting??

16. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I'm replacing and old rig (2000 Chevy 2500 w/ 7.5' MM1) with a new one. There is a leftover 2009 Ram 2500 gasser just like the one I have now but in silver at a local Dodge dealer, with a 8.5' Xtreme V that I'm trying to workout a deal on right now.

17. Lakewlc

Lakewlc Junior Member
    from CT

were ready here in south windsor.. i was excited when it was 30 degrees this morning haha

18. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Hoping it will be a good winter. Pulled the plow out this past weekend to do some work on it before i get to busy with fall clean-ups.

19. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I make myself wait until Nov 1st to take it out. Unless i hear its gonna snow lol. Otherwise its just in the way until i finish cleanups.

20. I'm still waiting for the year when I have to plow snow while my towboats are still in the water. Now THAT would be interesting. My two worlds colliding! :)

Both towboats stay in the water until the first couple of weeks of December.