1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

M/T VS A/T Tires

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 07DodgeWestern, Oct 11, 2009.

1. 07DodgeWestern

07DodgeWestern Junior Member

I'm debating on getting Firstone Destination M/T mudders for my dodge but have had some people say that they will be no good for winter and I should stick with BF All Terrian T/KO's.
    Does anyone have advice or experience with a mud tire vs an all terrian tire?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

An all terrain should perform better. General Grabber AT2s do not fall into this generalization though LOL

There are a bunch of threads going right now about tires. If you look at dedicated snow tires, they all have small tread blocks and lots of siping. Pretty much the opposite of a mud tire.
  3. 07DodgeWestern

07DodgeWestern Junior Member

I need something that can still go threw some muddy areas as I work in construction and don't have the best of road conditions. I will check out the other threads to.
  4. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i run 285/75/r16 bfg all terrain tko's on my truck...
    like to go play in the mud and still no complaints...
    ive got about 50,000 km on them and still plenty of tead left at least 70%