1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

M. D. --- suggestion for you

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by IMAGE, Dec 13, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I know this must be the same software on this forum that is used on many other forums out there. It is probally the best forum software I have seen. However you need to enable a few things, and change a few settings on the forum. This would make perusing Plowsite much easier.

1.) The threads must be set up as bolded on a timer. It would be nice if it was set up so threads with new unread posts were bolded until read. On most other forums the threads with unread posts stay bolded much longer then just a few hours.

2.) Add a "quick links" button to the gray bar above. AND add a "my posts" button to the drop down list for it. So I can see which treads I have comments in that have new unread replies. (this does the same thing as doing an advanced search by my username, just in one click)

3.) Add a 'marker' to the thead showing if I have a post in it. Make this marker link to my last post in that thread.

With the combination of the above, it will make it much easier to keep track of which threads a person has posted in, and that there maybe new information in.

To see how a different site using this same software(i believe) did it, take a look at the forum at www.thumpertalk.com/forum
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007