1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Cover Guy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

My new holland LX 865 runs good for about 4 hours then dosent want to stay runing at full throdle but will idle I took it the dealer last year put a grand in it then haven't used it much sence till the other nite then the same thang just wondering if anyone has had this issue and what I should do
  2. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

To the top
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Im not a new holland expert, but I've had a gelling problem before and it kind of sounds like that... machine runs good for awhile then starts to spit and buck at full throttle but fine at idle... I think your diesel is gelling in your fuel filter (s)..have you tried to switch them out when the problem is occuring? did it help? are you using a antigel additive? have you tried the "diesel 911" to see if that clears up the gelling?
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

If it's not gelled.......Did they replace the fuel filters? or have you checked them....the machine could idle but not power up with a clogged filter or filters if you have 2 of them, i can't remember on that machine
  5. xtreem3d

you said you havent used it much since last year ? do you leave it sit with an empty tank? if so ....always leave your tank full so no moisture can accumulate...what were your temps?
  6. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

Last year when it happened I replaced filters the rubber fuel lines I use fuel additive all the time and I don't use Bio Fuel. the shop replaced the electric lift pump cleaned the tank and replaced the fuel cab that's how the tank is vented in the summer I use it for a fork lift so it does run every week i just don't put a lot of hours on it any more
  7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

sounds like a prob. we had with 2 of our asvs. both have the 4jb1 isuzu motors.1 turbo 1 not. the 1 nonturbo motor would run full throttle for about 10 mins then just about die. so what i did to find out where the fuel issue was install clear line to the filter, inj. pump and lift pump.. i saw bubbles from lift pump to the filter,,,but going to the lift pump was good. now this engine has a zexel inj pump. on the inlet side they use a big banjo type fitting that has a wire mesh filter in it,,,and YEP it was clogged soild. cleaned it and no problems since.
    no on the turbo motor,,,,did the same thing,,clear hose where ever i could....saw bubbles coming out of the filter. so i replaced the filter,,,same thing. the turbo and nonturbo use different filters but the same base,,,i changed the to a different filter,,,and that solved our problems.
    how some of this helps
  8. xtreem3d

When you run the machine until it starts to bog down, then shut it off for a while and come back does it run OK . Our mowers will run fine for a while until crap gets stuck on the fuel pickup in the tank causing starvation. I know you said they cleaned the tank. Are you able to disconnect a fuel line after it bogs down and see if fuel will flow with the key on and elec pump running?
  9. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I will try that thanks
  10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I say you are getting air in your fuel line
    Ident happen on my nh but it is a known problem on my bobcat 300!