1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LW 90 new holland loader specs? reviews?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by buckwheat_la, Nov 1, 2012.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

So I am looking at adding another loader to the fleet and have come across a couple New Holland loaders but there is very little info online about them. So who has any experience with them....

2. buckwheat_la

Come on guys, someone here must have SOME experience with these things. I think I have a deal on one,but I would love a little input. They apparently are/were made by Fiat, but beyond that google has shown me nothing about their durability etc.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I'm guessing there's a reason you don't see too many out in the field. As far as I'm concerned the only good thing NH makes is farm equipment. I guess their skidsteers are ok but I've never been a fan of their construction equipment. I can't really give you any input on the loaders since nobody around here has one but I figured I'd offer my .02. Hopefully someone will chime in with some experience on one. Good luck

4. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

The guy i worked for growing up bought two nh loaders a lw 90 and a smaller lw 30 i believe. They were both 2001's and are both still running strong. Mostly used in his garden center and now used for plowing they work good as far as i know. I dont think theyre the best machines but for snow only or light construction they should work good andtheyre alot cheaper than the other brands.

5. buckwheat_la

My big debate is that I can buy a early 80`s CAT 920 with over 10 000 hours on it for $25 000 OR a NH lw90 1999 with 5000 hours on it for the same price.... now I love the older CAT machinery, runs forever and is easy to work on, but if the NH machine is just cheaper due to lack of popularity then I know which way I am going. However if the NH is just a unreliable money pit I would rather have the old CAT...

6. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I can say one thing I won't by anything but NH skidsteers and I'm sure the loaders are made just as good I would go for it

7. buckwheat_la

I am a Case guy myself, so as of last year I guess I like NH skids too... have you tried the new machines yet?

8. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

The LW90 should be the same as a Case 321. I personally would rather have the NH or Case over an old 920 but that's just me. That doesn't sound like a screaming deal. Does the NH have a quick tach or aux. hydraulics?

9. buckwheat_la

The NH is no where near a Case 321, 98hp machine with a powershift tranny. unless there is a 321 model I missed in my search?

10. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

My bad, the LW80 is the same as the 321. Sorry about that.

Have you went and tried either loader out?

11. buckwheat_la

Tried out the New Holland today, put my down payment on it. The fact is for $25 000 I can't really go wrong, it runs strong and even if I had to drop $10 000 in a rebuild I am still ahead. I also got a call that someone may have another 910 loader, and I have to say I love these 910's, very basic machines, small enough to get around small lots, but can still push like a damn...

12. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We have a W130 NH. It is a rebranded Case 621E. Call you local case dealer and ask them if its rebranded Case or a true NH machine. The W130 is great. same as our 621E Check out exactly what kind of machine it is before you choose.

13. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

What's the difference in a rebranded machine ? Case an NH are basically the same? Why would it be important to know excatly which it is before buying?
    Steve

14. buckwheat_la

I believe that all the designs are fiat designs anyways. It is interesting because it isn'tas big as the 621 and it is considered a compact loader, even though it weighs 16 000lbs and lifts 12 000lbs, awfully powerful for a compact I thought...

I looked for a 421 case but found very little info on it

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012