1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lug size question!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dlongerman, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 2010 F250 with 17's

I want 16's cuz tires are cheaper. what years will fit on here.... will a set from 2003 fit?

Thanks!

Dan

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I can't answer 100% but my concern would be whether 16's will clear your brake calipers. Typically when a factory size goes up on a basic truck, it's for a reason, not for looks. 20's, sure, but 17's are probably on it b/c of bigger brakes.

04-99 wheels have a different offset but the same lug pattern. They will probably stick out a little if they do fit.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

When Ford went to a coil spring front end ( '06?) they increased the size of the rotors and went to a wheel with a negative offset. I found this all out when I bought my '08 and tried to put 16's off of my '00. I here you about the tire cost, I need to put new owns on my '08 which has 18's on it and I was able to talk them into $250 ea. Last week I put the same tire on my '97 and they were $200 ea. If I was to go with a 17 I'd save about $30 a tire but spend around $800 on wheels to do it. It's just not right but they have you by the short hairs.

4. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I agree with buff 16's won't fit.

5. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Coils in '05

Just my .02¢

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Hence the "?", wasn't sure.........:D