1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lucky...!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProWorkz.com, Dec 15, 2004.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

i laugh my ass off every time i see that-how do you not here a city plow bearing down on you like that----stupid hurts :cry: ........

2. proshare

proshare Member

Well you can call me "Archie Bunker" or "intollerant" A "bigot" or any other politically correct name you want...but this post should be titled " 1st Moron of the 2005 snowplowing season"
    I have young children that have more smarts & KNOW to get out of the way when they hear heavy equip coming towards them.
    A legally blind person would immediately STEP BACK when they heard this truck coming.
    It figures with a name like "Bajes Al-Jakhsi" (Geez that sure sounds like a native to the area....NOT.)
    Now Im sure his team of ambulance chasing laywers will sue the municipality and win a bigtime settlement from the insurance co so he can now easily afford to open his own chain of 7-11's
    I guarantee those city workers were laughing their ass off when they seen him in their path knowing full well he was going to get sprayed.
    No sympathy from me, anyone that stands near the road when a 50,000lb+ truck pushing snow is coming towards them is a moron & deserves to be covered.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

That second truck was close to hitting him, still to funny :D

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

You think it's funny? :rolleyes:

The snowplow drivers could of honked, could of slowed down.

Accidents happen, a person walking on a sidewalk could slip and fall into the path of a snowplow. It could happen to your children or you. Would you be laughing if your child slipped and fell in the path of a snowplow and was killed? What would you do if you heard someone say "I laugh my ass off because they should of not been walking in the snow, ahaa ahaa!"

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  5. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

I agree with Bolens. My wife's childhood friend was struck and killed by a town plow in NY.

We can laugh now because the man was not hurt, but it is our responsibility to anticipate the stupidity of others. Sure it is fun to plow and we all have fun driving around in the snow, but we are operating heavy equipment capable of doing a great deal of damage when not kept under control. Those trucks were plowing in the city, not some country road somewhere. They should have been expecting people to be near the street and on the sidewalks. Seems to me that this guy was just out shoveling the walk so others would have a safer trip. He didn't deserve the snow bath.

Sorry for the rant, but this hits a little close to home. Keep that in mind guys while we are out there this winter! Let's keep it a happy holiday season for everyone.

6. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I think they could have been going a little slower as well, maybe if they were out on a counrty road or on a free way, but it looks like they are cruising through a downtown commercial area.

7. DJ Contracting

CHILL OUT BOLENS DRIVER! :angry: I thought it was funny only because nobody in there right mind should be standing there when a plow truck is coming unless he wasn't. none the less it was a good laugh.

8. DJ Contracting

BD Just read your comment grow up . enough said

9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Is a old vid. It happen in Jan of 2004. He was waiting for a bus.

In my younger days as a plow driver. I may have sprayed him as well. If they did not see him, as they claim, then they should not be driving plow rigs in the city whatsoever.

Now in my older days if I was their boss I would fire them.

10. bolensdriver

You read my comment after replying to me? :nono: BAD!!!!

And you laugh at people when they get hurt? :nono: BAD!!!! and SICK!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  11. dpildner

dpildner Junior Member

Hi All, :waving:
    I have to agree with reaper and bolensdriver. While it may seem funny and all, what concerns me is the fact that the drivers appeared to be not very professionally in the way that they preformed their jobs. If that man had fallen back and struck his head (brain damage) who would be paying to support him the rest of his life?, you and me. I can think of better ways to use my hard earned tax dollars than having fun with a deadly instrument. Also I understand the comments about his name - but my relatives came from Europe and I will bet that everyone on this board came from another country is you go back enough generations.
    Thanks,
    Dave :salute:

12. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I thought it was funny. :rolleyes: You also have to take in mind that he was the only person buried in snow and the camera doesn't have a mic so we don't know if the drivers honked or not. Another thing is the first driver probably wasn't to concerned about pedestrians because he was a fair distance away from them. The second driver on the other hand should have seen the man and pulled the truck out a little bit away from the curb. Also the man himself should have been watching out. I mean how can you miss two big dump trucks throwing snow around. Even if you don't see them you can differently hear them. If you look closely at the video you can see that the man is standing at the edge of the sidewalk and looking the other way. It also becomes apparent the man wasn't expecting the snow because it easily knocks his knees forward which causes him to collapse away from the street and face down. For him to get neck injuries and not head injuries means he was probably whip lashed. So his body was probably completely relaxed and not prepared for an impact as he would be if he knew a plow truck was coming. The hand injury was probably just a scuff because he wasn't wearing gloves and his hands had become tender from the cold OR he landed on it wrong. On the speed Id say the trucks are going the same speed as the van that passes by at the beginning of the video if not slower but its hard to tell because the video catches and they stop it half way through. So really both parties were at fault in this one and sense they were only minor injuries and partly the fault of the man Id say its still funny. As for what about children Id just like to say when I got a minor injury from something that was kinda my fault my parents laughed and so did I later on. :jester: Just my .02

13. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

QMVA, were you referring to my post about the child or something else? If you were referring to my post, maybe you didn't see the part where I said she was struck AND KILLED. :confused: She wasn't merely hurt.

14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

That happened here in Columbus, Ohio. That was Jan of 2004. If I remember correctly when the story came out it was said that the city plow truck drivers were going to fast. I agree he should have been able to hear them but the story goes someone was yelling at him from down the street and his attention was there and not towards the trucks.

15. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I saw that on the news last winter, i think it made national news :rolleyes: Whatever the guy was doing he was not expecting it. I don't think its the drivers fault. They just drive and if they are not going to hit you they are not too concerned about it. I plow (just like all of you), and i know that i get VERY close to objects without hitting them while plowing. Plow drivers are used to getting close to things. The most they would do for a pedestrian who is not a child and knows whats going on is angle straight and then when they pass the person angle back right immediately. Thats what i do when windrowing by a person and thats what i would have done in that situation. The driver probley did it for kicks, he saw him for sure at least the first one did. They do the same thing with parked cars eithrer straighten blade then go back right or pull out away from vehicle and cut back VERY close in front of parked car while angling back right.

16. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

It was a little funny you have to say but like Bolens said it could have been serious. I think there was probably a back page story that reads something like this "Man sues city for ten million after devastating snow plow accident". A guy don't just stand there like an idiot and get knocked down for no reason at all. He probably even knew there was a surveillance camera watching. This would be a ambulance chasing lawyers dream case.

17. DJ Contracting

Hey BD stop acting and talking (pissy) a Little GIRL :cry: maybe someday you can write a song about this, but i want my %. Now i didn't know this was your dad, like i said grow up. Maybe go strum your guitar or something as, I wasn't the only one that thought it was funny. Obviously I have a different sense of humor than you. If I would see you slip and fall I would prob.laugh first before I would help you, but thats just me. Now I won't reply to this post concerning you anymore. Have a great day.

18. bolensdriver

:rolleyes: I don't play the guitar. Do your customer's know you'd laugh at them before they fall, or do you not have any? :waving:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  19. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

No I was referring more toward BD's response about what if it was a child. Also we cant all say what if this or that because those things didn't happen and if they did then you could put the spin on what if the driver did pull away or tried to stop but just didn't have time better yet what if the guy had been mooning the drivers ;) .
    Now if someone is really injured or killed then no its not funny no matter who it is why it happened. Like those award things for people who kill them selfs by doing something that they shouldn't have. :nono: