1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lucky I did not buy that Super Duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Clint S, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Get this. I go up to take the truck for a test drive and I get a mile from the dealer and the thing starts knocking, sounded like a diesel before I made it back. I walk in and the salesman says. "Why are you back so soon". I say " I thought that thing was a gas engine, because either that thing is a diesel or it is about to throw a rod" His face turned white as a ghost. Sure enough they pulled it into the shop and before they shut it off it let loose. Dodged a bullet on that one.

Posted this in my original thread too, thought some may get a kick out of it.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They forget to put the oil in again at the factory

3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

It was used, an 05 at 77k, but looked clean as brand new not a spot of rust even on the fuel and brake lines underneath. I guess that is why it was traded in.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Good thing you caught it in time. Don't worry there's lots of trucks out there to buy.

5. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

Go back and offer them less $$ after they put a fresh crate engine in it.