1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lucas power steering leak sealer

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by herb1001, Dec 13, 2011.

1. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Has anyone ever tried this stuff before. My power steering makes all kinds of noise and this stuff claims to stop that.
  2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I have used lucas in my old (95) F250 for a leak and it slowed it down. I never had excessive noise from it ( or at least I couldn't hear it over the 7.3L ). Something I will put out there that I have found that works better than lucas for leaks in the PS systems is called "TRI-SEAL". I use this stuff in our Ford E-series vans/bus's at my day job to stop the PS gear box input seal leaks, and it works every time. It says it seals ps units, automatic trans, and engine main bearing leaks GUARANTEED!. Its made by HAPCO PRODUCTS CO. Box 26198 Fraser, MI 48026-6198. I really like it and would recommend it to anyone with power steering leaks/issues.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I used it in my 94 Bronco that was leaking out of the pitman arm seal. It was leaking pretty bad and this stuff sealed it good enough to not leak another drop. Never had an issue with the steering again after it either, sold it with 160k miles.