1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lubricant for doors/ hinges ect??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by david-nh, Apr 16, 2003.

1. david-nh

david-nh Member

hello all i was wondering what you use/recomend to lubricate ect door/ hinges/ latches ect years ago i used to use white lithium grease is this still sold/ or are there much better ones avaible now . also i want something to spray on the chain ect that holds my spare tire to keep it from rusting ect/ any information would be great thanks all/david by the way i have the 2003 chevy 2500 hd

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I use PB Blaster on just about everything. You can still get the white lithium grease too. I have a spray can in my cabinet at work. I use it mainly on door window regulators, seems to stick better in the glass channel.

WD-40 works good too,
    Mark K

3. david-nh

david-nh Member

thanks for the information

thanks for the information speedracer / david

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I use the white grease by Siloo, in a yellow can. Available at most auto parts stores.

For the chain I think WD-40 or any other penetrating oil would work well, but you'll have to keep treating it periodically.

5. david-nh

david-nh Member

thanks for the information

thanks pelican for the information/david