1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lubing cylinder shafts and width of a new cutting blade?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, Feb 20, 2011.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Couple of quick questions- does anyone use any type of spray lube on the lift cylinder shaft or on the angling cylinder shafts to prevent drying out of the seals? Last, what is the width of a new 7.5 STD cutting edge?Just want to know just how worn out mine is.Any idea how much a new one is at a dealer? Thanks in advance.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Std come with 3/8" thick edge. I wore this out in two years. Put on the 1/2" thick pro edge and this lasted 3 yrs with a lot more plowing. Since I have only about 1" left I am thinking of putting on an 1/2" x 8" 8'6" XT edge and cutting the ends off. Although if its really over $300 lol I'll get the pro again for $150 . I spray cylinders with silicone as recommended by the owners manual

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I burn my cutting edge down until I flat spot the bolts holding it.

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I agree us it just until it hits the moldboard.