1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lube ultra mount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Nitsuj, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Junior Member

Hi guys. Do you guys do anything special to make sure you plow easily slides on and off the mount? I went to remove mine yesterday and it didn't want to come off. After a bit of wiggling it finally broke free, but it got me thinking about the best way to prevent it. My plow and mount are fairly new and rust free, so the problem isn't going to get better with time. I've been keeping a thin layer of grease on the mating surfaces, but now I wonder if that just attracting dirt and making maters worse.

What say you, oh wise snow removal gurus?

2. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

A little bit of grime is a whole lot better than rust!!

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Fluid Film should be awesome for that.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

X2 on ff. I use that on ours and it seems to do the trick

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

there is a measurement between each side of the mount on your truck. It would be a good idea to check that in the western mechanics guide.

6. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

did u leave it in float and push the cylinder down, then try and take off.

7. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Fluid Film them and also take the Blade when not plowing . If you mount the blade in the fall and not take off till spring I can see why its hard, Save the front end No need driving around with all that weight for no reason

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You said itThumbs Up
    I had guy call me ask if mine wont come off at times I said no
    I told bring it by
    I told him show me how he takes it off and he wasnt putting in float and not pushing cylinder down little
    So I had show how do it He was happy

9. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Another trick I learned on here is after pushing the lift cylinder down, you lower the stand and step the spring down until the foot is on the ground. Next you push the lightbar towards the truck, then you step on the spring again. This will take the weight off of the horns that go into the receiver. This has made it much easier to get mine on and off.