1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LTX AT2 Opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Greenery, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Yup thats right, Another tire thread. I need to replace my BFG AT KO's which are completely burnt up after 25,000 miles. Needless to say i'm not going with the BFG's again as they balanced horribly and well they didn't even make it 25,000 miles. Right now i'm leaning towards the LTX AT2. 285/75/16 10 ply let's hear some opinions.
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

So far I like my hankook dynapro atm 285/75/16 10 ply.I have no clue how they are in snow yet.
  3. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Good to know as those are on my list, they're also $200 cheaper than my other options.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I like my cooper st. goodyear has a new snow tire out that looks to be pretty good. I think clapper got some on his chevy. I cant remember the name of them but if you go there site you can check them out. I saw them first hand they look well built and ready for the job.
  5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

If they are the same tires that come factory on gm's then stay away. Terrible in the snow.
    Believe or not I'm using motormaster roughrider's from Canadian Tire.
  6. Outty330

Outty330 Member

I'll chime in with a question on the subject, If I were to go from a stock 16 inch wheel with 265/75/16 tires on my 99 silverado Z71 to a 17 inch wheel with a 275/70/17 tire would there be any rubbing issues I know speedo will be off slightly just worried about clearence. No leveling kit and i have not cranked T-Bars.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I have read up on some good words for those tires. Hopefully the 2011 we sold comes back for some work one day so I can see how they wear.

The Michelins are availabe from the factory on 2011's. Anything before uses either the Bridgestone Duravis M773II or M700.
  8. allcraftsmen

allcraftsmen Junior Member

I have a set on right now and they have 67,000 miles on them. Excellent tires. I have another set on order and I am waiting to put them on just before winter. They will easily go another 10,000 miles. I pull a lot of heavy loads and go in and out of the dump constantly. They are plugged/patched in every tire. Excellent traction in the winter, in the rain and quiet. I'm not a guy who takes his truck in the mud unless he has to but, I've been in the dump pushing mud with the plow frame and pulling a dump trailer that weighs #12000+. So I guess they are good in the mud. You won't be disappointed.