1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LT8000 on an '05 Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by famouslee99gt, Feb 23, 2011.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

When I quit plowing the dealership I work at part time (plowed it when a full time employee but not after I quit for another job) they put an LT8000 on their 05 Ram 1500. They also had ProWings put on it. I have operated it just a couple times doing small clean up on the lot and I think that plow is a joke.

I personally plowed with a Meyer ST-7.5 for 2 yrs and now a Boss Super Duty for the past 3 yrs and I think both are better than this Blizzard. The moldboard is so thin that you can see if rippled all across it and it's rusting for being just over a year old. Also with it being thin, they managed to rip the bolts for one of the ProWing brackets thru the moldboard. I even noticed the cutting edge seemed to have a small bow to it.

It doesn't lift very high and I like my Boss in that I can double tap the down and it goes right to float without holding the button. I'm not sure what other people think of these blades, but I would never consider it to be a light/commercial blade unlike the Blizzard website says, its more of a sport/driveway only blade.