1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LT215/85R16 snows for an 08 KK??

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jomofo, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Hey guys - I'm getting ready to put snows on the liberty and am thinking of trying to put a LT215/85R16 under there... Overall diameter is 30.38, vs 29.28 for the stock P225/75R16.

Anyone know if it'll fit? Thanks!
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

How much plowing you going to do? if only your drive you will be fine. If you go with a bigger tire you will HAVE to plow in low range. A real PITA for backing up. I run 33" tires in the summer and 30" for plowing (I have 4.56 gears) I only use low range in deep or heavy snow. If the stock tire is the 29" then you will be fine with the bigger tire (clearance wise) stock tires have enough room for chains, So 1" will be fine.
  3. jomofo

jomofo Senior Member

Thanks Plowmeister... Plowing with this is just cleanup and tight spots... The real plow vehicle is my Ram 2500 HD. wesport

Hadn't thought of the chainspacing... Good call. :drinkup: