1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by windrowsnow, Jan 26, 2009.

1. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

does anybody out there plow for them? how well do they pay?
  2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I bid on ours this season. I tried to low ball it because I don't like the guy that does it, and think we could do it better.

He still has it and still does a crappy Job.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I did last year for the company I was working for, we gave them a group deal on 2 locations and discounted both a little bit since they pay by p card(CC) thus no waiting for money. Very nice part of doing buisness with them, only issue was once billings for the month go over 15k they had to get approvals for the amounts over 15k, not too bad generally a day or so hold up. All that said they did complain about salt, told them they'd need to sign a declined services agreement and assume liability for the lot if we couldn't service as reccomended, they wouldn't sign so we were able to salt maybe thats why they don't have it again.........I don't really know!!
  4. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I do a Lowes, but through a management company. We are getting paid 15-20 days, very nice!
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We take care of a Lowes. Ours requires almost zero tolerance. They are the first lot plowed in the night and and we try to salt half hour before employees show up in the morning. There term and one of the best in the industry

we give what i feel is great service there term are great, it works for everyone!

I feel Lowes is one of the last independents. All stores handle there own contractors. The HD across the road is done by a management company and most times is not even started when we are wrapping up. Its sad because im sure HD is paying a ton more for there service, it just there are two many company's and people in the cookie jar with area maintenance company's. I guess that why HD layed off 7000 today and Lowes didnt. :p
  6. lawnprolawns

lawnprolawns Senior Member

I called a Lowes and some Home Depots today about summer maintenance, didn't get too far as all the people I needed to talk to were not in on Mondays. They gave me numbers and good times to call tomorrow. Hopefully I can at least get a foot in the door..

Anyone know when places like this sign for summer maintenance and/or snow removal?
  7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

See if you can get the loews to go for a 12 month deal, if you can show them a savings somehow you might get lucky.........
  8. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

I used to work for a property maintnance company, I won't mention any names, but they are one of the biggest, if not THE biggest in North America and are rapidly expanding into the US.
    They do a mall which I work in. They do a VERY poor job depending on the employee, and who is manager that night. 90% of the time garbage is missed, and they're paid to also have the sidewalks 100% clean. No gum, no nothing. They're always dirty.
    I feel they are way overpaid, but I can't convince the other managers/owners of the other stores to agree.
    I tell our employees not to step foot on the sidewalks if they're not salted, very rarely are they done right (big handfulls of ice melt every few feet). I'm just waiting for someone to fall (hopefully they're not hurt to bad) so we can get rid of them. I would definately get the contract, except for I'm just not big enough to complete the winter portion of it right now. It requires a loader to be there for 2-3 hours min., a shovel crew (lot's of steps) and people to salt.
    Sorry about the rant lol
  9. GSE

GSE Senior Member

Not anymore!! Some scab national provider is doing them now.
  10. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Who is doing it?
  11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Anyone know who is bidding Lowe's or doing them now???
  12. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Around here they are not mananged by a managment company. What they are doing is corporate is handling a lot of the bids. They approve the bids and send each store about 5 contracators that have bid on that lot and then its up to the store GM to pick a contractor. At least thats the way it was when I bid early this year for summer work.
  13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Our local HD and Menards are done by a big WI company. Horrible job during the summer. But HD is subbed out to a big local company, and they do a great job plowing. Kinda strange, because they are one of the most expensive companies around, so the maintenance company that's in charge must be making a killing off of them.
  14. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I know the few lowe's around here are hard to get (carol stream,and st charles ) wont even give us the time of day,Home deopt are all done by miller brothers landscape, and the rest i have a feeling TOVAR has them (yes i will name names) funny thing is i took a complex already form tovar,and the other 2 i bid that tovar had last year talked the same smack stating they charge them so cheap on salt and just doubled the "amount" they "said" they used unreal
  15. stroker79

I bid on lowes in stcharles and carol stream for summer work but they decided to stick with prestige in carol stream this year and im not sure who does stcharled since im not by there too much.
  16. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

stroker- whats the anme of your company??? and yeah prestiage,my salesman from shemins is now one of there salesman
  17. stroker79

you figured it out on the last post, LOL.
  18. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Tovar didnt do the ones near Elgin last year. The Elgin, Algonquin, lake in hills, geneva where all done by The Langton group.(least i think thats how you spell it). I think lowes went to a national managment company this year, I beleive its springwise. Its up for bid.