1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lowes

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by AFSPLOWING, Nov 7, 2014.

1. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I have been Called by ferrandino for 3 weeks Straight about this Site.I was told at first that it was Per event and i laughed at them each time they called.I told them Nobody will dedicate at least 2 trucks,Bobcat,Blowers,Salt etc for No guaranteed work.Now i know i have heard the horror stories about being paid.Long Story short i was called again on Tuesday & the site is now seasonal.The Price they gave me is Ridiculous,I am an hour from there office and if i accept the site i wont worry about being paid because driving my Boss Plow threw the lobby should be no problem:salute:.Lmfao All kidding aside.What would you guys Bid for this Site.Located In New York.Thanks

Approximately 7 Acres of Pavement

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

read outer post on the comp trying to get you to do the work ,, seems allot of people have had allot of problems getting paid

3. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

That I understand,For quorosity

4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Oy vey. Just because it is Ferrandnopay, $100,000. Payable up front.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

35 inch snow average here. Our local Lowes is set up a good bit different, but it went for 24K last season.

What's their numbers?

6. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

Pathetic, $8800 I laughed but I never accept a bid I told them I would be in the 22k-25 area

7. John_DeereGreen

8800 seriously?

8. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

We can call laugh at there price but someone will plow it for that and believe they can make money at those crazy numbers.

And then come spring time they will be posting how they aren't getting paid....blah blah

9. John_DeereGreen

Why's it matter if you get paid if you plow it for that? You already donated 12000 anyway, why's 8800 matter?

10. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder why on Nov. 7th they are still looking for a contractor to service that site???.....:dizzy:

11. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Good point!

12. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I'll plow that for $8800. As long as I get all that money up front. Then I'll plow that with my little pickup when ever I get around to it, no guarantee of course. I'll use their salt in one of their little push spreaders. I'll make sure they sign my "Not responsible for anything" contract too.
    Oh yea, snow piles will be made where ever I feel like making them.
    You get what you pay for.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  13. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I'd laugh at that price, too. And then I'd probably say I hope you guys are giving me free room and board somewhere inside that walmart because you're gonna go broke at those prices real quick.

14. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks like Brickman price 5 acre lot HD store there price is 8800 Last year the guy walk off the last week of Dec I took over for 18k and this year when I ask about the snow They wanted me do it again but when they sent the contract it was for 8,800 I counter offer them 22k this year. I didn't get a no or a yes.
    Haven't even heard if they found someone They call me to take over this winter I'm going add another 2k

15. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

No Joke They actually wanted it Per event and i said nobody will Dedicate atleast 2 trucks salt etc for guaranteed money.

16. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I'm Sure someone will do it for that price.I have no problem sitting home in the heat scratching my balls watching the snow :laughing::laughing::laughing: lol

17. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

:jester:
    Many of these major property management companies are in it for the money - duh. Many of these contracts can not be salted for what they are offering.

Do the math BEFORE you accept anything. Read the contract - they have many outs for NOT paying you. If people got just a little smarter and cracked open a calculator it may change the industry back. But 8,800 for a major HD lot with salt - crazy stupid.

18. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I have the paperwork for both Storrs sitting on my desk they can't wait for me to sign I got my prices but I am making a decision on Monday

19. sktboy150

sktboy150 Junior Member

Yea this company has contacted me a few times this month about plowing CVS's near me in PA. Their prices are a joke, they came back and said they could do 10% better, I said try about 100% better, haven't heard back!

20. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yes as of yesterday They never found anybody to do the HD store for 8800 Guess what they had to take my offer at 22500 They tried to counter me but I stood my ground
    I didn't need this lot to live Bad thing is when they didn't renew in Oct I replace it with some other contracts So I really have a load this winter