1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MrPLow2011, May 31, 2011.

1. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I went down to Lowes today. They are having a Fathers day sale. Lots of cheap tools at Cheap prices. Like I said cheap tools, like Task Force and Kobalt. But for $5 I got a 19 piece tool set. And for like $25 I got a 53 piece Kobalt socket set. Worth $50 Yes I know these tools will break. I have a set of SK's and some snap ons and MAC. But I hate carrying those in my truck. I usually lose them. Plus I keep tools in my bed with just the tonuea cover over it. So if some steals or I lose my cheap tools because I knock over my tool box during a storm. I am not as pissed. Most of my emergency repairs during plowing are made with cheap tools. Just giving the heads up
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You can NEVER have too many tools! I buy stuff that I need, like a set from Big Lot's to get a 16mm deep well. Got the bolt off and now I have 4 deep wells for $10. I see a pile of sockets at a junk store for cheap. I buy some 5.5mm, 6.5mm,7.5mm, 16mm,18mm,20mm,21mm. Yeah you guys think your funny making stuff an off size. Guess what? I have that size! Ford's good at useing off size's.